by Badger Nimahson
The Borderlands Show episode 3 just announced that the first story DLC for Borderlands 3 is called Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot and will launch on December 19th 2019
During episode three of The Borderlands Show, regular hosts Greg Miller and Fran Mirabella were joined by Gearbox Studio Head Randy Pitchford to delve into the details of this casino-raiding caper.
In short, Moxxi’s recruiting you to seize control of a derelict space station built by the infamous Handsome Jack back when he was still President of the Hyperion corporation. The Handsome Jackpot is quite possibly the gaudiest gambling spot in the galaxy, with neon signs, slot machines, and gold statues all over the place. It’s also crawling with multiple models of deadly Hyperion Loader Bots, as well as lunatic looters who’ve been trapped on board ever since Jack’s death. But that’s not all:
- Explore a glitzy new galaxy destination packed with unique zones worthy of Handsome Jack’s lavish lifestyle and dirty dealings;
- Join Moxxi’s crew of eccentric characters and pull off the ultimate casino heist in a series of thrilling campaign missions;
- Discover hidden secrets and strange happenings in The Handsome Jackpot via fresh side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Get a blast from Pandora’s past when you battle the Hyperion forces that outlived Handsome Jack, including never-before-seen enemies and larger-than-life bosses;
- Perfect your Vault Hunter’s gear load-out with all-new Legendary weapons and gear;
- Expand your collection of cosmetics with even more customisation items, including Vault Hunter heads and skins, weapon trinkets, an ECHO Device skin, and new emotes.
Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot is tuned for characters who are at least level 13, but will automatically scale up so that higher-level Vault Hunters can find a challenge and appropriately powerful loot.
Though Borderlands 3’s first campaign add-on doesn’t launch until December 19, its next free content update drops imminently. Both Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite and Mayhem 4 are being introduced in this next patch, giving veteran Vault Hunters more ways to put their skills to the test.
Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite is a brand new raid-style challenge tuned for coordinated co-op parties of four max-level characters, with restricted respawning to make your opposition that much deadlier. The all-new Mayhem 4 puts a spin Mayhem Mode by removing all player penalties and instead applying just two random modifiers: one that applies a bonus to players and one that applies a bonus to enemies. It also offers its own exclusive batch of Legendary gear that will only drop while Mayhem 4 is enabled.
As discussed in the video above, this patch also brings all of the following changes:
- All bosses will now have dedicated loot pools so you can more efficiently farm for coveted Legendary items;
- Maximum Bank Space will be upgraded from 50 to 300 slots; as usual, SDUs that boost your bank size can be purchased from Marcus aboard Sanctuary III;
- A Target Dummy wearing a very familiar mask will be installed in Sanctuary III’s shooting range so you can safely test out your weapons;
- New Vending Machines will be deployed across multiple maps;
- Players will notice overall UI performance improvements.
1 thought on “Borderlands 3 First DLC Announced”