The King’s top games of Pocket Gamer Connects London 2020 continues. The previous two games Neuroslicer and HoverGrease both had a cyberpunk angle to them but now it is time to go much darker with Children of Silentown!
Children of Silentown is a dark adventure game that tells the story of Lucy, a young girl growing up in a village deep into a forest inhabited by monsters. People disappearing is nothing uncommon in the village, but this time, Lucy is old enough to investigate on her own. Or so she thinks. Accompany Lucy and her little friends in this grim, beautifully hand-drawn adventure game by the creators of Little Briar Rose.
When describing Children of Silentown to me The King described it has “The Backgrounds look like Studio Ghibli but the characters look like Tim Burton in this unforgettable and unnerving point and click adventure.”
Children of Silentown is the result of the collaboration between the video game developer Elf Games and the creative studio Luna2. On a sunny day some time ago, the guys at Luna2 decided to show Elf Games an unreleased short movie they were working on. Intrigued by the style and narrative of the story, team Elf proposed to fully develop that concept into a video game. The two teams have known each other for a long while – collaborating on several minor projects – so both teams were pretty excited at the idea. Shortly after, Children of Silentown was already in the making!
Children of Silentown not only as a disturbing story intertwined with unsettling characters but is also packed full of features such as:
- Explore Silentown in search of hints, but beware: do not enter the forest.
- A unique, unsettling 2D art style fitting for a mysterious, dark tale.
- Music plays a crucial role, and learning how to sing will help Lucy in times of need.
- Combine items to obtain widely unexpected results!
- Many quirky characters (and animals!) to interact with. Be nice to them before they disappear.
- Play minigames with the other children of the village!
- A very mean cat, programmed to mess with Lucy at any given chance.
- Curious, original puzzles: use a leash and a pair of shears to break in your mother’s best friend’s house, all in order to steal… a flower?!
There is no release date as of yet for Children of Silentown but you can wish list the game right now on Steam. And of course be sure to keep checking here at Stoffel Presents because this is one title we are all extremely excited (if a little scared) to get hands on with.