by Badger Nimahson
A brand new handheld console for retro gamers was announced today and it is called…Evercade. To be fair it sounds pretty awesome for retro game lovers and looks pretty stylish too.
Evercade is a handheld device that loads fully licensed retro classics via a unique cartridge. At launch, it boasts a pretty impressive line up of 85 classic games. The full list of which can be found here.
With licensed games from Atari, Namco, Data East and more Evercade look fairly impressive. Each cartridge holds 6-20 games with more licensed retro cartridges planned for the future.
On top of this, they have also today announced support for ‘new’ retro-inspired games and have confirmed they are already in discussions with several indie publishers to bring their retro-inspired titles to the platform.
Not only is Evercade a handheld console but it also hooks up to your TV via HDMI. The full details of Evercade released today are:
- Supports 8 and 16-bit games (view the full list of confirmed games so far here)
- Collectable, ever-increasing library of games on the unique Evercade Cartridge (with 6 – 20 games per cartridge)
- HDMI connectivity to connect to your TV
- 4.3” screen (the same size as a PSP)
- Selectable 4:3 or 16:9 screen ratios (traditional retro ‘square’ or widescreen),
- Supports saving and loading your game at any point
- 4-5 hour battery life
- Retailing at just £59.99/€69.99/$79.99 with individual cartridges only £14.99/€17.99/$19.99
- Launching globally
At £59.99 for the console and £14.99 for a cartridge with 6 – 20 games, the Evercade is extremley reasonably priced. the 4-5 hour battery life is ideal for the daily commute.
There is no launch date as of yet for Evercade (not even a hint) but Stoffel Presents will, of course, keep you posted with any updates as soon as we learn more.
1 thought on “Evercade – Brand New Retro Handheld”