Epic games caused somewhat of a massive cultural event earlier this week when the entire world of Fortnite got sucked into a black hole. The internet went into meltdown over whether Fortnite had been cancelled, A new map was coming, Elon Musk even declared he had bought the game from Epic Games and deleted it!
After what seems like an age on the internet after seeing nothing but Fortnite posts and what probably felt like an eternity to the young kids addicted to Fortnite (See the latest lawsuit against Epic Games for more details) it seems the rumours of a new map were partially true.
Fortnite is indeed back up and running today. It does have a new map but that isn’t all that is new. Fortnite Season 2 comes with a plethora of new locations, activities and gameplay changing additions.
In a press release, Epic Games said the following about Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 1:
Chapter 2 brings some huge changes to Fortnite. You can check out some highlights below, and we encourage you to drop in and check it out for yourself because there’s so much more.
- Drop in to a New World – Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay – Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad – Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives – Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat – Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind – Level through the all-new Chapter 2 – Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in match.
So there we go the black hole has gone, Fortnite has returned and order has been restored to the world…or has it? Tell us what you think of the new additions in the comments below.