R8 Games has just announced today that it’s brand new, high-octane anti-gravity combat racing game PACER. Coming to the PlayStation4, Xbox One Steam on September 17, 2020.
Having been hands on with Pacer a few times at events like EGX and EGX Rezzed over the last couple of years I can honestly say that Pacer is going to be a massive hit!
Every man and his dog is going to liken Pacer to the legendary Wipeout series and they wouldn’t be wrong to be fair. Whilst I have, personally, only got hands-on with a couple of the 14 tracks and 8 different game modes on offer in the full game I can hand on heart say that Pacer feels like both a homage to and an evolution of Wipeout.
Set in 2075 The PACER World Championship has become the new apex of anti-gravity motorsport, delivering high-speed racing across the world’s most dangerous and challenging circuits. Corporations from all over the globe race against each other in a battle of technical and piloting prowess with the aim of winning the championship and achieving ultimate victory.
“PACER is the fastest and most explosive game of its kind and we’re super proud as it prepares for the start line,” said Steve Iles, Senior Producer, PACER. “Whether you’re into single-player campaign play or inviting all your friends for multiplayer mayhem, it’s all here. Or if you’re daring and like a challenge, try our thrilling Battle Royale inspired mode, ‘Storm’.”
Everything single aspect of Pacer that I have seen screams that this game is going to be massive. From the beautiful graphics, the amazing lighting, the thumping soundtracks to the seamless gameplay. Every part of Pacer oozes class and polish.
The full list of announced features in Pacer are as follows:
- Highly customizable craft – choose from five craft types, then head to the garage to fully customize your look, performance tuning and weaponry
- Race the world – with 14 unique and challenging tracks with interchangeable variants (Night, Mirrored, Reverse) giving up to 8 different ways to race any given circuit
- Choose your mode – with 8 game modes including Elimination, Endurance and PACER’s unique ‘Flowmentum’ and Battle Royale inspired ‘Storm’ modes.
- Campaign mode – develop from a trainee Pilot and advance through 10 unique race teams to become the PACER world champion.
- OST – featuring original tracks created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- Optimised for Online – with 10 player multiplayer, Online Ranked Mode to see how you compete against the best in the world and Online Tournament/Spectator Mode for easy streaming and fun events at all levels
If you can’t tell already I can’t wait to get my hands on the full retail release of Pacer and I hope we will be able to bring to you live on our Twitch channel a couple of days before launch. In the meantime, you can head over to the R8 Games Twitter page to keep up to date with all the announcements leading up to Pacer’s launch on September 17th.